How good are you at patting yourself on the back and telling the world how wonderful both you and your business are? It’s not always easy to “shamelessly self promote” but as business owners, it is important to learn to do just that. If you don’t toot your own horn, who will?
I’m not saying that every time you meet a new person
you need to regale them with a list of your stellar attributes or your latest award winning ways or even how much money your company made in the last quarter. What I am talking about is learning how to “sell” yourself, your expertise and your business without, as Chris Brogan says, being all “selly-sell.”
Here are my simple marketing tips for pet business professionals:
- Learn to share your expert whisper. What is an “expert whisper”? It’s a different way to think about an elevator speech. Curious? Ask me!
- If you’re in the WIPIN Magazine, use your two page spread in your online business portfolio. We have your two-spread available as a pdf if you don’t have it already.
- Use your feature in the WIPIN Magazine as your business calling card. Attending a trade show? Take the printed copy of the Magazine and display it proudly on your table.
- When you attend a networking event and are looking to drum up new business, remember it’s more about getting to know the person in front of you than it is to shove your business card into their hand. Remember, people want to work with others they feel they “know, like and trust.” Those three — know, like, trust — take time to build.
- Update your website with any recent accolades. Nominate yourself so that you can garner some accolades.
- Update your blog. This is a great way to share your expertise without having to stand on a table and shout it out to the crowds.
- Comment and be active on your social media platforms. Answer questions in boost groups or in LinkedIn specialty groups. Make a name for yourself as the “go-to” person in your industry.
Do you have any networking or marketing tips you can share with us? We’d love to hear about them in the comments!
The Spring WIPIN Magazine is open for submissions. Deadline is April 5. Don’t miss your chance to be seen in the publication that has been read by hundreds of thousands of business professionals. Click here for information.